Friday 28 April 2017

SECOND THOUGHTS, PLEASE!



Clearly, lots of us think LOVE is a good idea; the latest post, "Have I Told you Lately that I Love You?" got lots of positive feed back even if you prefer not to be published. Funny thing, when you mention Love to people, it nearly always rings a bell and brings a story along. Often the story has a sad side, but there's always great faith too. 

Now, I hope you don't mind but I'm going to push you all for something more please. That last piece about Love, also asked this question,
Wouldn't it be wonderful if love was the message that spilled out from all the activities known as Church?  

Perhaps it does and I'm too thick to notice, but I do notice or imagine anyway, that people often have a big, bossy image of the church, there to lay down the law as it were. I'm just wondering if the Church could be better at making sure that LOVE was the message that oozed out from all its umpteen activities. Many of you have different experiences from meeting the church head-on in your lives. You may well have thoughts on this, thoughts that could be a real help to others. I'd love to hear from you; we all would. Go on, "In All things Love" remember. And we don't have to publish your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment